Date: Thursday, June 15, 2023 | 12:30pm - 1:30pm
Arts Organizations Preparedness 101 identifies the hazards that are most likely to impact your organization’s operations and programming. Participants will begin to craft a business continuity plan which includes communication planning, protecting critical assets, and personal safety.
- Risk Assessment – walk through a brief exercise to understand the risks for their practice and prioritize which hazards are most likely to occur.
- Create a Communications Plan – define what information should be communicated, who should receive that information, when that information should be delivered, where (e.g., email, social media, mail) communication will be shared, and how those communications will be tracked and analyzed.
- Business Insurance – gain a greater understanding of the types of business insurance, what to include in a business commentary, and how to select the best provider.
- Protect Critical Information in the Cloud – discuss the importance of documenting and archiving your artwork and what methods makes the most sense for you.
- Emergency Supplies – learn what materials you should have in place for employees to shelter for 72 hours while help arrives.
- Test the Plan – develop training exercises to test your business continuity plan and strategy for revising on an annual basis.