Register online to track when your ballot is mailed, received, and counted
Berkeley, California (Friday, August 20, 2021) - Use one of six secure drop boxes throughout Berkeley to turn in your ballot anytime, day or night, until 8pm on election day. For the September 14 recall election, all registered voters are receiving a vote-by-mail ballot.
24-hour ballots drop boxes
To support expanded mail voting due to COVID-19, the Registrar of Voters has opened drop boxes across Alameda County, including six locations in Berkeley.
These six are the official Berkeley drop boxes:
- Berkeley Civic Center Building, 2180 Milvia
- University of California Berkeley, between Sather Gate and Architects & Engineers Building
- Frances Albrier Recreation Center, 2800 Park
- Claremont Branch Library, 2940 Benvenue
- North Branch Library, 1170 The Alameda
- West Branch Library, 1125 University
The Registrar of Voters picks up ballots from the drop boxes every day. The last pickup will be 8pm on Tuesday, September 14. You do not need postage for ballots submitted at the drop box.
Make sure your vote is counted:
- Use the return envelope provided
- Sign the back of your envelope
- Only use a drop box in the county in which you are registered to vote
Accessible Voting Locations
You can also turn in ballots at any of 66 secure drop boxes throughout Alameda County or at any of 100 Alameda County "Accessible Voting Locations" that will be open September 11 - September 14.
Accessible Voting Locations replace neighborhood polling places in this election. These larger spaces are intended to support voters in the vote-by-mail process, and will be open for voting 9am-5pm from Saturday, September 11 through Monday, September 13. On election day, voting locations will be open 7am-8pm.
There are nine accessible voting locations in Berkeley:
- Lutheran Church of The Cross, 1980 Allston Way Berkeley
- Ed Roberts Campus, 3075 Adeline Street Berkeley
- Rosa Parks School Multi-Use Room, 920 Allston Way Berkeley
- Longfellow School Gym, 1500 Derby Street Berkeley
- City of Berkeley Building, 1011 University Avenue Berkeley
- Life Adventist Church of Berkeley, 2236 Parker Street Berkeley
- Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church, 401 Grizzly Peak Blvd Berkeley
- Epworth United Methodist Church, 1953 Hopkins Street Berkeley
- Willard Middle School, 2425 Stuart Street Berkeley
Track my ballot
Alameda County has an online tool for tracking your ballot's progress. Sign up at Track My Ballot to get notifications by email, text, or phone when your ballot is mailed, received, and counted. The tool is available in nine languages.