Our city music series starts June 3 at Virginia-McGee Totland with lively sing-alongs from Andy Z. Concerts through July 29 offer a variety of musical styles and engaging events for all ages!
Come out to any in a series of music concerts this summer that pair different music genres with activities for a variety of ages while being set in our beloved parks.
Enjoy a magic show at Totland, listen to Big Band Morchestra at our newly renovated John Hinkel amphitheater, or sing along with the Purple Fox Band and the Heebie Jeebies at San Pablo Park. Explore other genres and activities. Come to one or all.
Littler ones may particularly enjoy our June 3 event at Virginia-McGee Totland. Come dance, jump, and sing-along with Andy Z, a bay area singer/songwriter who has captivated kids and families with his musical adventures for over two decades. Explore your imagination with wonderful fairies. Take in a show from Robert The Magician.
Summer music series runs June 3 through July 29
Our Music in the Parks series features kids' activities, food, music, and entertainment. Featuring all local musicians:
- Saturday, June 3, 2 pm – 5 pm: Kids Day with Andy Z at Virginia-McGee Totland
- Saturday, June 17, 4 pm – 7 pm: R&B and Soul with Dee Dee Simon, Gerald William and Viveca Hawkins at Strawberry Creek Park
- Saturday, July 8, 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm: Morchestra at John Hinkel Park
- Saturday, July 22, 2 pm – 5 pm: Reggae with Rankin Scroo and King Kosh at Willard Park
- Saturday, July 29, 3 pm – 5 pm: Kids Day with Purple Fox and the Heebie Jeebies at San Pablo Park
Community Concerts are just one of a variety of events throughout the year organized by the City's Parks, Recreation and Waterfront Department, which offers dozens of camps, classes, and other activities for people of all ages. Get a glimpse of the Recreation Division's offerings through our online registration portal.
Come early. No alcohol or controlled substances allowed. Bring your blankets or low back chairs to enjoy the music.