Health Officer Orders
View active Health Officer Orders related to COVID-19 from the City of Berkeley.
All active Health Officer Orders related to COVID-19 are published on this page. For previously issued Orders that are no longer in effect, see archived COVID-19 Health Orders.
Proof of Vaccination
Issued September 1, 2021 | Updated March 25, 2022 | Active
This Order requires that public and private childcare facilities, dental offices, pharmacies, adult care facilities, adult day programs, and home health care workers and entities employing home healthcare workers require and obtain proof of up-to-date vaccination from all workers. Employees in these workplaces are required to get boosters when eligible or test weekly once fully vaccinated with limited exception.
An update was made to this that removed the City requirements as they pertain to restaurants, gyms and indoor events. An additional update was made to align with State Mega Event guidance.
- Full Vaccination Verification Guidance Document
- Up to Date Vaccine Verification guidance handout for businesses
- Vaccination, boosters still recommended for restaurants, gyms and events as requirements removed, March 9, 2022
- City Health Officer Order to require certain workers to stay up to date with boosters, January 26, 2022
- City Health Officer Order to require vaccination in certain businesses, September 1, 2021
Isolation & Quarantine
Issued July 15, 2020 | Updated April15, 2022 | Active
These Orders, issued concurrently, require people who have been diagnosed with or who are likely to have COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status, to isolate until at least 1 day has passed since recovery and the length of isolation as defined by the order has passed. The Orders also outlines who is required to quarantine themselves if they have been exposed through close contact with someone who has COVID-19, including household contacts, intimate partners, and caregivers.
The Quarantine and Isolation Orders were updated on April 15, 2022 to align with updated isolation and quarantine guidance from the CDPH.
- Public Health Emergency Isolation Order, Updated April 15, 2022
- Public Health Emergency Quarantine Order, Updated April 15, 2022
Laboratory test reporting
March 24, 2020 | Active
Required labs to report all COVID-19 test results to state and local public health authorities.
- Seven Bay Area jurisdictions order laboratories testing for COVID-19 to report testing data to state and local authorities March 24, 2020
Last updated April 18, 2022