The Corporation Yard has been part of the City for over a century. It is the home to the maintenance division of the City including Public Works: Facilities, Electrical, Communication, Janitorial, Equipment Maintenance and Streets and Utilities, and Parks: Forestry, Bulding Maintenance, and Landscape. The City’s architect Walter Ratcliff designed the main building. It was constructed in 1916 and retrofitted in 2012.
The Corporation Yard is open to the public by appointment only or to pick up sandbags during the rainy season. Free mulch is available on the Bancroft side of the facility.