Open in map
Closed to the public Fridays (services provided remotely)
Visit the Permit Service Center to apply for permits for development and building projects.
The Permit Service Center is a one-stop shop for building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire, and some public works permits.
The Permit Service Center is open Monday through Thursday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, excluding holidays. Our office is closed to the public on Fridays, with services provided remotely. Permit processing services are limited on reduced service days and unavailable on holidays. To limit the spread of COVID-19, face masks and social distancing are required when visiting our offices in person.
Appointments are required for in-person permit processing, including the following services:
- New permit applications (all Building, Fire, Public Works, and Zoning permits)
- Resubmittals in response to plan check comments
- Revisions to approved plans and Deferred Submittals
- Permit issuance/pick up
Appointments are not required for the following services:
- Questions about permit application submittal requirements and forms
- Questions about building, fire, public works, zoning codes
- Questions about inspections
- Reviewing permit records
Schedule an appointment online or by phone at (510) 981-7500.