Bomb cyclones 🌀? Atmospheric rivers 🌧️? Pineapple expresses 🍍? Oh my!
The City of Berkeley invites you and your whole family to get ready for everything winter 2024 may have in store. Join us for a Hello Winter Weather! Preparedness Workshop at Strawberry Creek Park on Saturday December 9, from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Start the morning by learning about Berkeley’s winter weather outlook for the year and add your voice to the 2024 Local Hazard Mitigation Plan at Berkeley Corporation Yard at 1326 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA 94702. After a short winter weather talk, stick around for hands-on demos and activities with City of Berkeley Public Works team!
- Learn how to Adopt a Storm Drain
- Fill and place sandbags to protect your home and take some home for free!
- Check out our diorama of a mini-Berkeley to learn about how stormwater travels through our city and how you can protect our watershed
- See flood fighting equipment in action
- Staff will lead guided walks of Strawberry Creek throughout the event, where you can learn more about how to be a friend to Berkeley’s precious stormwater infrastructure and the broader ecosystem of the Bay.
- Get resources and information from other partners to get prepared for winter storms
All activities and training are designed to be accessible and engaging for people of all ages.
Parking is available at the Berkeley Corporation Yard at 1326 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA 94702. The majority of the demos and activities will take place on West Street, just north of the park.
For more information or questions, please email the Office of Emergency Services at firstname.lastname@example.org