Green Business Certification
Berkeley businesses can get free assistance to reduce their environmental impact and demonstrate environmental leadership.
The City of Berkeley, in partnership with the California Green Business Network, offers free assistance to local businesses to help them reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve energy efficiency, conserve water, and divert solid waste from the landfill. To get started, register on the Green Business Network website and you will be contacted regarding next steps.
Benefits of joining the Green Business Network
Benefits for certified Green Businesses include:
- Free sustainability consulting from a team of experts
- Advice for business improvements to improve employee health and productivity, and save money
- Information on quantifiable metrics to verify environmental impact
- Access to a community of like-minded, local business leaders
- Use of the Green Business logo in marketing materials
- Listing in the California Green Business Network directory
- Annual recognition from Berkeley City Council
Examples of Green Certified Businesses
Over 100 Berkeley businesses are certified green, including Chez Panisse, Angeline’s Louisiana Restaurant, Triple Rock Brewery, Picante, Metro Lighting, Berkeley City Club, Transcendentist, and many more. View a complete list of Green Certified Businesses in Berkeley.