Berkeley Marina – Docks D & E
This is a Measure T1 Phase 2 project.
The project for the replacement of Docks D & E includes:
- Concrete Docks – The existing dilapidated wooden docks will be removed and replaced with new ADA-compliant concrete docks.
- Concrete Piles – the existing rotted timber piles will be removed and replaced with concrete piles.
- Utilities – all new utilities will be installed, including electrical, communications (telephone and cable), potable water, and fire suppression systems.
- Gangway – a new ADA-compliant gangway will be installed to connect the parking lot to the security gate for Docks D & E.
- Gate Structure – a new security gate will be installed at the entrance to Docks D and E, near the foot of the gangway.
- Concrete Wall – A concrete wall will be installed below the gangway.
- Slope Protection – Riprap slope protection will be installed in front of the new concrete wall
- Landside Improvements – ADA parking near Docks D & E will be repaved and repositioned, striping and signage will be updated, the concrete walkway in front of the docks will be replaced, and bollards will be installed.
The project is currently in 90% design, with completed CEQA determination and applicable regulatory and City Building Department permitting in process. Construction is anticipated to start in 2024.