Browning Street from Addison to Dwight
Colusa Avenue from North City Limit to Solano
Delaware Street from Acton to Sacramento
Ellsworth Street from Stuart to Ashby
Fulton Street from Dwight to Stuart
Heinz Avenue from 7th to San Pablo
9th Street from Heinz to End near Berkeley Bowl
Stuart Street from Fulton to Ellsworth
Stuart Street from Benvenue to College
Sunset Lane from Grizzly Peak to Wildcat Canyon
Allston Way from Martin Luther King Jr. to Milvia - paver maintenance
The City of Berkeley Public Works Department will be rehabilitating the street pavement at several locations throughout the City.
Construction is expected to begin in July/August 2022 and will take approximately three months to complete depending on weather and unforeseen conditions. Construction in the immediate vicinity may not extend for this entire period. Standard work hours are 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Traffic will be delayed at the work site and street closures may be necessary but will not exceed 12 hours at a time. "No Parking" signs will be posted along the street 3 days in advance and will be enforced by the Police Department. Please see the posted signs for exact hours and locations as they may vary according to scheduled tasks. All other usual parking restrictions, including no parking for street cleaning, will still be in effect. Access to private driveways may be prohibited during some operations. Emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
Property owner and resident actions
- Sensitive to Petroleum: Be aware that asphalt will be used in this project
- Avoiding Oil Spray: Park your vehicles outside of the construction area
- Safety: Keep children and pets away from work area
- Property owners are responsible for trimming their trees and vegetation growing into the roadway, and for installation and maintenance of water barriers (against runoff) with a minimum height of 6 inches
- Any permits issued for use of the right-of-way are temporarily suspended, in accordance with BMC 16.16.050, while the work takes place. Contact City Construction Manager for coordination of critical work