Community Wildfire Protection Plan
Learn about Berkeley's goals and projects to protect our community from wildfires.
Berkeley faces a growing threat from wildfires. Your input has helped the City develop a Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP) for how the City of Berkeley and community members can best manage wildfire risks.
A CWPP is a strategic plan typically developed by a local fire department, federal and state land managers, local governments, and communities.
Our CWPP provides a roadmap to mitigate the risks posed by wildfires including goals for improving wildfire response, community preparedness, fuel management, infrastructure, ignition reduction, home hardening, and more. With the plan, collectively, we prioritize how to manage these risks.
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive updates. You can also email comments to email@example.com.
Get involved on the CWPP Hub
Explore the CWPP Hub, where you will find:
- the Community Base Map
- the Map Your Project Web Map
- the Results from Community Surveys (scroll to find)
- the Final Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP)
- CWPP Hub
- Local Hazard Mitigation Plan: The CWPP will expand upon and complement this plan, adopted in 2019
- Berkeley Vision 2050 Planning for a Sustainable and Resilient Future: A plan for the future of Berkeley’s aging critical infrastructure
- Fire Weather and Evacuation
- Berkeley Ready! Preparedness Resource Library
- Vegetation Management and Defensible Space