Discover resources to help you start using electric cars, bicycles, scooters, and adaptive vehicles.
Electric-powered cars and bikes, and shared services such as scooters and adaptive vehicles provide convenient and environmentally-friendly ways to get around. Find resources on this page to help you electrify your transportation, and reduce your emissions and dependence on fossil fuels.
Berkeley is making it easier to transition to electric vehicles by:
- Streamlining the permit process for installing electric vehicle charging
- Requiring installation of electric vehicle charging in new buildings
Learn more about the City of Berkeley’s vision for electric mobility in the Electric Mobility Roadmap.
Find public electric vehicle charging stations:
Electric vehicle resources:
- Drive Clean Bay Area: EV webinars, car shows, ride & drives, and seasonal discount programs; plus, resources for incentives, charging, and purchasing
- Plug In America: consumer and policy resources
- California State Plug-in Electric Vehicle Resource Center
- PG&E EV Resources for Residential Customers
- PG&E EV Resources for Non-Residential Customers
- Federal, State and Utility Tax Incentives & Laws
Additional electric vehicle resources for income qualified drivers:
- CA State Clean Vehicle Assistance Program: Statewide program provides grants and loans for purchase of new or used hybrid or plug-in vehicles, and free installation of home charging stations
- Driving Clean Assistance Program: Regional program provides grants and loans for purchase of new or used hybrid or plug-in vehicles, and free installation of home charging stations
- Clean Cars for All: Bay Area scrap and replace program for gas cars; provides grants for purchase or lease of a new or used hybrid or plug-in vehicle, eBike or transit pass, and rebates for home charging
Resources for electric bicycles, scooters, and more:
- ClimateAction Center: Find eBike incentives, buyers’ guides, and policy and program resources
- City of Berkeley shared electric mobility resources: electric scooters, adaptive electric vehicles and more