Learn the importance of local manufacturing. Register quickly to reserve spots at free Manufacturing Week tours, including Berkeley makers of lighting, sound design, and sake as well as a foundry. Masking and vaccinations will be required.
Take tours to learn how Berkeley manufacturers make coffee, wine, ceramics, sculptures, handcrafted lighting, and more.
During Bay Area Manufacturing Week, community members are invited to have some fun while learning about the innovative technologies, jobs, and people involved in manufacturing in our city.
CoRo Coffee Roastery, Covenant Wines, the Berkeley Potters Guild, and Meyer Sound Laboratories are just a few examples of Berkeley companies that manufacture products in our city, producing items from beverages to pottery to advanced sound systems.
Register for a free tour online through Eventbrite
The number of attendees for each tour will be limited so get your tickets early! All attendees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and masked while indoors.
- Tuesday, October 11, 10:00 am – 11:00 am
- Tuesday, October 11, 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 12, 9:00 am – 10:00 am
Tour of Meyer Sound Laboratories
- Tour #1: Wednesday, October 12, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Tour #2: Thursday, October 13, 10:00 am – 11:00 am
- Thursday, October 13, 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- Friday, October 14, 9:00 am – 10:00 am
Takara Sake will also be offering discounted virtual tastings during Manufacturing Week 2022. Use the code BMW22 for 10% off one of two tasting events:
- Wednesday, October 12, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Thursday, October 13, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
The behind-the-scenes view of these Berkeley businesses is part of a regional Bay Area Manufacturing Week 2022, October 7-14, organized by the Bay Area Urban Manufacturing Initiative to promote and revitalize urban manufacturing, an essential part of the Bay Area economy.
Understanding the business landscape of Berkeley
With more than 100 producers in the West Berkeley industrial district, manufacturing is an economic driver for our community. The unique products made locally serve as a draw for tourists. The Made in Berkeley microguide, produced by the city’s convention and visitor bureau, Visit Berkeley, shows visitors and residents alike where to find businesses that make their unique products on site.
To learn more about the other types of Berkeley businesses that are serving our community—and transforming our world—visit discoveredinberkeley.com.
Both the Manufacturing Week tours and the #DiscoveredinBerkeley campaign are ways that the City of Berkeley’s Office of Economic Development helps local companies access the resources, financing, and information they need to feel welcome in Berkeley and thrive.
Come out for the Manufacturing Week tours. Learn, experience, and support these local businesses.
- Berkeley Potters Guild celebrates a half-century of crafting ceramics, from mugs to museum pieces - Berkeleyside
- Manufacturing Week 2022 - The Bay Area Urban Manufacturing Initiative
- Made in Berkeley - BravoYourCity Microguide
- City of Berkeley Office of Economic Development