Channing Way from Sacramento Street to McKinley Avenue
Dana Street from Dwight Way to Ward Street
Durant Avenue from Milvia Street to Shattuck Avenue
Durant Avenue from Shattuck Avenue to Fulton Street
Derby Street from Telegraph Avenue to College Avenue
Creston Road from Sunset Lane to Grizzly Peak Boulevard
Dwight Way from Piedmont Avenue to End
Hillegass Avenue from Dwight Way to South City Limit
Latham Lane from Miller Avenue to Grizzly Peak Boulevard
McGee Avenue from Dwight Way to Russell Street
Miller Avenue from Hilldale Avenue to Shasta Road
Otis Street from Russell Street to Ashby Avenue
Rose Street from Sacramento Street to Martin Luther King Jr. Way
Woolsey Street from Hillegass Avenue to College Avenue
Tenth Street from University Avenue to Bancroft Way - speed table installation only
The City of Berkeley Public Works Department will be rehabilitating the street pavement at several locations throughout the City.
Construction is expected to begin in June 2023 and will take approximately five months to complete depending on weather and unforeseen conditions. Construction in the immediate vicinity may not extend for this entire period. Standard work hours are 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Traffic will be delayed at the work site and street closures may be necessary but will not exceed 12 hours at a time. "No Parking" signs will be posted along the street 3 days in advance and will be enforced by the Police Department. Please see the posted signs for exact hours and locations as they may vary according to scheduled tasks. All other usual parking restrictions, including no parking for street cleaning, will still be in effect. Access to private driveways may be prohibited during some operations. Emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
Property owner and resident actions
- Sensitive to Petroleum: Be aware that asphalt will be used in this project
- Avoiding Oil Spray: Park your vehicles outside of the construction area
- Safety: Keep children and pets away from work area
- Property owners are responsible for trimming their trees and vegetation growing into the roadway, and for installation and maintenance of water barriers (against runoff) with a minimum height of 6 inches
- Any permits issued for use of the right-of-way are temporarily suspended, in accordance with BMC 16.16.050, while the work takes place. Contact City Project Manager for coordination of critical work
JV Lucas Paving, Inc.