Music series from May 21 through July 31 offers a selection of music with events and activities for people of all ages.
Come out to any in a series of music concerts this summer that pair different music genres with interests for a variety of ages while being set in our beloved parks.
You can skateboard and listen to hip-hop, enjoy jazz at the Marina, or sing along with other kids at San Pablo Park. Explore other genres and activities. Do them all.
You could start by joining us on Saturday, May 21 for a morning of skateboarding and hip-hop music played by DJ Mueve. We’ll have music, food, and giveaways for all, and prizes for top skaters!
Our Music in the Parks series features kids' activities, food, music, and entertainment. In the process, we’ll also showcase local musicians:
- Saturday, May 21, 9 am – 12 pm: Happy Times Skateboarding Event with DJ Mueve and Taco Truck at the Berkeley Skate Park
- Saturday, June 4, 2 pm – 4 pm: Kids Day with Andy Z at Virginia McGee Totland
- Saturday, June 18, 2 pm – 5 pm: DJ Dysfunction and Nat’e Soulsanger at Strawberry Creek Park
- Saturday, July 9, 2 pm – 5 pm: Bay Area Jazz Mobile at Shorebird Park
- Saturday, July 16, 2 pm – 5 pm: Morchestra at John Hinkel Park Amphitheatre ribbon cutting
- Saturday, July 23, 2 pm – 5 pm: Blues at Willard Park
- Sunday, July 31, 4 pm – 6 pm: Kids Day with Sing Jam at San Pablo Park
Come early. Bring your blankets or low back chairs to enjoy the music.
Community Concerts are just one of an array of events throughout the year organized by the City's Parks, Recreation and Waterfront Department, which offers dozens of camps, classes, and other activities for people of all ages. Get a glimpse of the Recreation Division's offerings through our online registration portal. No alcohol or controlled substances allowed.