The City of Berkeley offers benefits to employees, including retirement, medical, and dental plans, group life insurance, disability coverage, and more.
The City of Berkeley provides a variety of high-quality benefits largely paid for by the City or at a reasonable cost to you.
Benefits provided by the City for eligible employees include retirement plans, medical plans, a dental plan, group life insurance, disability coverage, an employee assistance plan, and a computer eye care program.
Benefited employees may also elect to participate in additional voluntary benefits:
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- YMCA membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Cash-in-Lieu of Health Insurance
- Dependent Care Assistance Plan
- Cash-in-Lieu of Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
Learn more about benefits at Berkeley in our Employee Benefits Guide.