Security Camera Registry
Register your security camera to help the Berkeley Police Department know you have a security camera and are willing to share footage to support a criminal investigation.
Your security video surveillance system can be used to identify and apprehend suspects who have been recorded during a crime.
By registering your system, you could help officers to quickly identify cameras that could aid in the apprehension of the suspect(s) responsible for the crime under investigation. This saves officers valuable time that they would otherwise spend going door-to-door attempting to locate security footage to help identify a suspect.
We have had great success from community members who have supported investigations by providing footage from their security systems.
Residents or business owners register your camera
The process for registering your camera is simple and only takes a few minutes to complete.
Once you have completed the registration process, a member of the Berkeley Police Department will follow up with you to confirm your registration.
The Berkeley Police Department is committed to fostering community-police relationships that prevent and reduce crime. Registering your security camera information:
- simply lets us know that you may be willing to share your camera’s footage
- does not provide the Berkeley Police Department with direct access to your camera
- is voluntary and free of charge
- may be withdrawn at any time
- will keep your personal information confidential by the Police Department
- will only be accessed by law enforcement personnel who are conducting an investigation.
The goal of the camera registry system is to deter crime and promote public safety through collaboration between the Berkeley Police Department and the community we serve.
We invite our community to register your security camera as part of our effort to safeguard Berkeley.