Rent one of Berkeley’s recreation facilities for your next event. The City’s parks, community centers, pools, and camps are suitable for events from birthday parties to neighborhood meetings to weddings and performances.
Rent a recreation facility to host your next party, meeting, wedding, indoor or outdoor performance, or other event. Available facilities include portions of parks, community centers, camps, and pools.
Learn more about each facility below and how to apply for a reservation. Please read the General Facility Rules for full guidelines on using facilities. Some rules are listed below:
- For most facility reservation permits processes, you must submit an application for review first. Then City staff will contact you to complete the reservation process.
- You may not charge admission or solicit money for your event.
- You are welcome to serve food, but may not serve alcohol.
- To use a speaker or PA system, you must first obtain a Noise Permit
Reserve a picnic area in a Berkeley park for your next birthday party or other small event on the online registration portal. Rentals cost $30 - $200 depending on the location.
The below parks have reservable picnic areas:
- Aquatic Park (Picnic Area 1)
- Cedar Rose Park (Picnic Areas 1 and 2)
- Cesar Chavez Park (Picnic Areas 1 and 2)
- Codornices Park (Picnic Areas 1 and 2)
- Cragmont Rock Park (Picnic Area 1)
- James Kenney Park (Picnic Areas 1 and 2)
- Live Oak Park (Picnic Areas 1 and 2)
- San Pablo Park (Picnic Areas 1 and 2)
- Shorebird Park (Picnic Areas 1 and 2)
- Strawberry Creek Park (Picnic Area 1)
Note: Other parks have picnic areas that are on a first-come, first-served basis.
Reserve the Berkeley Skate Park for a private event. A park rental, which includes 2 staff, costs $250/hour. A birthday party package, which includes lessons and 2 staff, costs $350/hour.
Rent a meeting room, community room, auditorium, or gymnasium in a community center. Reserve by submitting a completed Community Center Facility Permit Application for review. Rentals are available at the below community centers:
Neighborhood groups, community agencies, and nonprofits can hold meetings at community centers free of charge. To reserve a community center room for free, submit a Special Use Rental Permit Application for review.
Host your wedding ceremony in one of Berkeley’s beautiful parks. To make a reservation, submit a completed Wedding Facility Permit Application for review. Wedding reservations are available at the below parks:
Rent a City pool for a one-time event (such as birthday parties) or for ongoing rentals (such as swim lessons or clubs). To make a reservation, submit a completed Swim Center Facility Permit Application for review. The below pools are available to reserve:
Rent the Echo Lake Camp near Lake Tahoe for your private group. To rent the camp, submit a completed Berkeley Echo Lake Camp Facility Use Permit Application for review.
Rent the John Hinkel Amphitheater for an outdoor performance. To rent the amphitheater, submit a completed Amphitheater Facility Permit Application for review.
special use (for local groups, neighborhood, community agency, non-profit)
To rent a space, submit a completed Special Use Facility Permit Application for review.