Recreation Program Registration
Register for a wide variety of City of Berkeley Recreation programs for all ages at our Recreation Centers, Swimming Pools, Parks, Sports Courts, Adventure Playground, Skate Park, and Resident Camps.
Participate in fun, safe, and healthy activities lead by trained professional staff. Sign up for recreation programs including: summer camps, swimming, afterschool programs, exercise classes, martial arts, special events and more. Make reservations at our facilities such as: tennis and pickleball courts, Adventure Playground, picnic sites, and recreation centers.
To register for recreation programs online, you will need to have an account. Learn how to create an account.
If you cannot reserve online, you can also download a Recreation Program Registration Form to fill out and submit in person, by mail, or by email:
- In person: Bring completed registration form and a check to the Recreation Customer Service Hub.
- By mail: Send completed form and a check to Recreation Customer Service Hub.
- By email: Email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org, and call (510) 981-5150 to pay by credit card.
Scholarships for low-income families
Low-income families can receive scholarships to cover 50% or 100% of the cost for recreation programs. To be eligible, applicants must live in Berkeley, be the parent or guardian of the child enrolling in the program, and be low income. To apply, read the Recreation Program Scholarship Application and send the completed form and supplemental information to email@example.com.
Requesting a refund
To request a refund, send a written request, including the information below:
- Reason for the refund request
- Original receipt
- Date, time, and location of the program
Submit the request by email or postal mail.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: Recreation & Youth Services Manager, Recreation Division, 1720 8th Street, Berkeley, CA 94710
The Recreation and Youth Services Manager will render a decision to either: 1) refund the fee; 2) issue an account credit; 3) pro-rate the fee; 4) apply the fees to another session or program (not applicable to sports field permits); or 5) deny the request.
- Recreation and Marina Programs and Facility Rentals/Reservations: This policy includes but is not limited to Recreation Programs, Recreation Facilities, Picnic Site Reservations, Tennis/Pickleball Reservations, Camp Day Use Permits, Adventure Playground, and Marina Programs. No refunds or credit will be granted without 7-days-notice prior to date of reservation, except for rainouts or poor air quality. The City will deduct 25% of the amount paid from the refund or credit to cover administrative expenses or will deduct a minimum $10.00 service charge. The Administration Fee is not to exceed $150.00.
- Camp Programs (Tuolumne Camp and Echo Lake Camp): No refunds or credit will be provided if cancellation is made less than 30 days before camp arrival date. A refund or account credit will be provided if the entire reservation is cancelled not less than 30 calendar days prior to arrival date, less a 25% administration fee not to exceed $150.
Per Department policy, checks will not be issued for refunds for less than $10.00. Account Credits under $10.00 will roll into the next fiscal year.